SpreadScript enables you to use Perl, Python, or Tcl to create Excel (XLS) spreadsheets.
NExS Spreadsheet for X Window
© 1999-2013 GreyTrout Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved
NExS, the Network Extensible Spreadsheet from GreyTrout, fills your need for a spreadsheet that takes full advantage of the power your workstation and the UNIX operating system offer. NExS gives you these benefits:
- 100% UNIX
- The NExS spreadsheet was originally developed for UNIX workstations. It's not a port of an existing PC spreadsheet program and it doesn't require a Windows(TM) emulator.
- X Window, Motif GUI
- NExS provides an easy-to-use graphical interface that's fully compliant with X Window and Motif.
- NExS performs its calculations at the full speed of your workstation. NExS also employs ``as-needed'' recalculation methods to get you results even faster.
- Large data sets
- NExS can handle sheets up to 32,767 rows x 4,096 columns.
- NExS has over 230 built-in scientific/financial/programming functions including sorting, database search, and goal-seeking tools. And you can easily add functions customized for your own work.
- NExS lets you format your data on a sheet-wide and a cell-by-cell basis. You can also display your data using one of fourteen types of 2D and 3D graphs.
- Importing data
- You can import data as tab-separated or comma-separated values, or let NExS process your old Lotus 1-2-3 or Excel files. NExS even works with the cut-and-paste feature of Motif.
- Exporting data
- NExS can output tab or comma-separated values, or it can place your data into a LaTeX or HTML file.
- Interprocess communication
- The conNExions API lets you build C programs that pass data between NExS and other UNIX applications running on the same workstation, an intranet, or over the Internet. Or use Tcl/Tk to create client-server applications.
- Real-time data exchange
- NExS can simultaneously manage up to 63 real-time data links. The spreadsheet is immediately updated with new values as they arrive from other applications. NExS can also send commands back to these applications to control their actions.
- Free support
- GreyTrout places the latest release of NExS on their Web site so you get the fastest bug fixes in the industry. Minor release updates are free to registered users.
- Low price
- Versions of NExS range from $49 to $99 depending upon your needs.
- Linux and Solaris
- NExS is available for Linux and Solaris.